This year on Dec. 24, you can follow Santa’s journey around the globe and help raise money for the American Red Cross with OnStar in your Chevrolet vehicle. Regardless if you’re on the nice or naughty list, you can stay up-to-the-minute on Santa’s whereabouts by pushing the button in your Chevy vehicle to contact OnStar! For each Santa location request, a $1 donation will be made to the American Red Cross.
“The holiday season is all about spreading cheer, serving the community and connecting others, and OnStar is a key enabler for that,” said Lois McEntyre, OnStar’s director of Contact Centers Operations. “We receive thousands of Santa Update calls and OnStar advisors love helping callers experience the joys of Christmas.”
Chevrolet and OnStar, in partnership with the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), will provide callers with real-time, location-based updates along with an important reminder: Santa won’t visit your home until you’re fast asleep.
Here are the complete details from Chevrolet:
- Santa Update calls can be made anytime between 6 a.m. ET on Dec. 24 through 6 a.m. ET on Dec 25.
- Chevrolet owners with an active OnStar subscription3 can press the blue OnStar button to request a Santa Update and learn Santa’s current location.
- OnStar advisors leverage data provided by NORAD to share specific location-based updates on Santa Claus’ annual journey.
- Eligible individuals without an OnStar subscription can push the blue button to activate a free trial of select OnStar services4 by asking for “Three Years on Us.” New subscribers also receive a three-month trial of all OnStar services at no cost.
- OnStar is dedicated to the safety and security of its subscribers. Advisor staffing will be adjusted to support the increased call volume from Santa Update requests.
You can feel good about owning a new Chevrolet vehicle and helping others this holiday season. Shop for your new Chevy car, truck, or SUV now and put the gift they really want under the tree – or out in the garage. Shop our inventory now!
Images courtesy of Chevrolet Media